The Agnes Scott College wedding venue in Decatur, Georgia is one of my favorites. I know thats a bold statement, but give me a moment to share with you why! I’ll also share with you some beautiful wedding photos from Joan and Max’s big day, and I’m confident the images will speak for themselves. So, here we go!
Here are my top 10 reasons you should consider Agnes Scott College for your wedding venue.
- Agnes Scott College is a historic venue with gorgeous architecture.
- Upon arrival, you’ll quickly notice that you’re surrounded by lush gardens and collegiate, Gothic architecture. It feels like you’re stepping into a European college grounds.
- There are both indoor and outdoor ceremony locations.
- They have an Alumnae Garden in which you can say vows, and it features a small fishpond. OR if you prefer something indoors, they offer an intimate sanctuary, called the Julia Thompson Smith Chapel. It has beautiful windows offering great light and is surrounded by gorgeous landscaping, offering beautiful views all around for those inside. All in All, Agnes Scott College is charming, beautiful, and offers everything you need for your wedding day amidst a historical setting.
- It’s super peaceful.
- Even though you’re right off Dekalb Ave and close to the city, its surprisingly quiet. Furthermore, the huge trees throughout the property obscure your views to the street, giving an illusion of seclusion!
- You can get ready on-site.
- This wedding venue offers both Bridal and Groom’s suites to get ready in, with gorgeous window light, unique architecture, and even a grand piano in one of the rooms.
- Or you can choose from several gorgeous AirBnBs in the area.
- As an Atlanta wedding photographer, I have photographed tons of Atlanta and Decatur weddings over the years. And, while most couples choose to get ready on-site or in a hotel, Decatur has an awesome assortment of AirBnBs nearby. There are loads of private BnBs with beautiful gardens and great light within a 15 minute drive… HERE is a really cool AirBnb, if you’re curious.
- Parking is easy.
- This may not seem like a huge deal, but parking can be an issue at some venues. Thankfully, Agnes Scott College has plenty of easy parking, with several private lots literally right beside the venue for you and your guests. Depending on the time of year, there are usually still students on campus, so you have to share. Still, It’s perfect.
- The reception hall is huge.
- Ok, seriously. This is a huge plus! For those couples who want a sweet, simple ceremony with just their closest friends and family, but still want a BIG party for the reception after— Agnes Scott College has the reception hall for you. It can fit up to 400 guests for the after-ceremony party:)
- It’s more affordable than a lot of the alternatives.
- For what it offers, and considering the beauty of the location, space available, and ease of access; Agnes Scott College is super affordable!
- They have a super accommodating team.
- They’re kind, knowledgeable, and super flexible! They have all the little things you might need during the day (did anyone need a dress steamer?). If you want to have a big wedding, they’ll happily set up your ceremony in the huge, well-lit reception hall. Their team will then flip the room during your cocktail hour, so you can go right back in to a new layout for seated dinners.
- The energy of the campus is laid back and elegant.
- What I mean is, the combination of all the above I just shared with you makes it perfect for a wedding venue. Please, go take a tour, and if you’ve already booked it – make sure to reach out to me using my contact form on my website! There’s only one of me, and there’s only your one wedding date!
ARE YOU IN LOVE WITH THE VENUE AT AGNES SCOTT YET?
Joan and Max’s wedding at Agnes Scott College perfectly depicts what I’ve been talking about. Just have a look through their beautiful wedding photos and let me know what you think!
Joan and Max – you two are awesome. Your wedding was so much fun to photograph. Thank you so much for having me as your Atlanta wedding photographer!
THE AGNES SCOTT COLLEGE WEDDING TEAM THAT HELPED MAKE ALL THIS A REALITY:
- Verity Videography
- Atlanta Wedding Photographer – Yours truly?
- Decatur, GA Wedding Venue – Agnes Scott College
And since you’re here, you might also enjoy to checking out these other gorgeous weddings and venues I’ve photographed:
- Foundry at Puritan Mill in West Atlanta
- Chateau Elan Winery and Resort in Braselton, Georgia
- Historic Swan House Wedding Venue in Atlanta
- Want to know the best Atlanta wedding venues?
- Want to know the best Gift Idea for Couples in the New Year?