If you asked me to imagine a unique luxury wedding on Oahu, Hawaii— I would immediately picture a Royal Hawaiian wedding, with soaring pink turrets, blue skies, and ocean for as far as they eye can see. Why? Because this historic resort is easy to access, iconically beautiful, and located right on Wakiki Beach!
The Royal Hawaiian wedding venue is perfect for an indoor and outdoor wedding, with gorgeous gardens, spas, and lounges right on Wakiki Beach.
Personally, I love being able to look at an entire wedding venue and pick unique spaces to use as a backdrop. And I love that the Royal Hawaiian has so many options for your wedding day. Seriously, take if from an Oahu wedding photographer! From getting ready at the spa, to private first look moments in their gardens— this resort has everything you’ll need.
But instead of going on and on about the Royal Hawaiian wedding venue, let’s get right to the point. Here at my top 10 reasons why a Royal Hawaiian wedding may be perfect for you.
p.s. If you resonate with even half of these reasons… then we may have struck gold!
My top 5 reasons to have a Royal Hawaiian wedding (as an experienced Oahu wedding photographer).
- The location of this luxury collection resort is incredible! Right on Wakiki Beach, with ocean front access and an easy trip to downtown Honolulu’s museum of art or the Royal Hawaiian Center.
- Coconut groves. Need I say more? I will. They offer 7 different wedding venues, 5 of which are outdoors. And my personal favorite? Yep, you guessed it. The coconut grove!
- Accommodations for you and your guests. Planning where to stay for you and your guests becomes 100% easier when you can sleep, wed, and party all in the same place. Plus, there are several different room options, and none of them are disappointing.
- Capacity! Most weddings have about 100-150 guests, and most destination weddings are even a tad smaller. When you’re looking into wedding venues, you want to take into account how many guests you plan on having and wether the venue can accommodate or not. Thankfully, the Royal Hawaiian has venues that literally can fit everyone you could ever want to invite. Even the coconut grove venue is large enough to fit up to 1000 guests for a seated dinner, dancing, and ceremony. So, there is no such thing as limitations for your Royal Hawaiian wedding list. Wether you want an intimate getaway with your 20 closest friends and family members, or if you want a huge party for everyone you’ve ever had the pleasure of sharing life with.
- Iconic Architecture! They didn’t get the nickname “The Pink Palace of the Pacific” for no reason. Designed with Spanish and Moorish style influences, and bright pink stucco walls, this wedding venue and luxury resort is an icon globally.
- BONUS: This luxury hotel has an even more rich history. With its doors first opened in 1927, its lived through the great depression, war, and multiple owners and new management.
Looking for a luxury collection hotel and resort for your Oahu Hawaii destination wedding? The Royal Hawaiian wedding venue is going to be perfect for you!
So, if you’ve finally you’ve found the perfect venue for your Oahu wedding, now all you need is an experienced Oahu wedding photographer! My goal as your luxury destination wedding photographer is to empower you to explore the world, to seek adventure at every turn and showcase your love for everyone to see.
So no matter where you are in the journey, wether you’ve booked me yet or not, you can know I’m here. So, let’s become friends and do this adventure together!
I would love to be your Oahu wedding photographer.
Please contact me if you have any questions, wether about the Royal Hawaiian wedding venue or otherwise. I have over 10 years of industry experience and, as your friend, am more than happy to help! Drop me a line HERE.
While you’re here, feel free to check these posts out below!
- The top Oahu wedding venues
- More information for planning your Hawaii destination wedding.
- The Turtle Bay wedding venue!
- A 2 week honeymoon Spain Itinerary (written from my own personal travel experiences).
- Something special: learn more about how (by working with me), you’re already giving back to the global community with your wedding!