I love Asheville – It has several incredibly scenic wedding venues within an easy driving distance from its Downtown, West Asheville, and River Arts district. And my first thought always jumps to The Ridge Asheville wedding venue, an exclusive French and Spanish inspired outdoor destination.
Whats more, this city also has delicious food, TONS of micro-breweries, and a lively music scene. The weather is always pretty mild, which is a huge plus for summer weddings. Its the perfect little weekend getaway for me in Atlanta!
The Ridge Asheville wedding venue is technically located in Marshall, NC, about 35 minutes north of the little hub of Asheville. It offers a sense of rustic elegance while still feeling like you’re nestled amongst the mountains.
It really is the quintessential Asheville venue for providing your guests with breath taking 360 degree views of West North Carolina’s gorgeous mountain ranges.
And that’s exactly what Madi and Zac were looking for: someplace secluded, with gorgeous views, fresh mountain air, and just a hint of European flair!
While I don’t showcase their entire wedding day in this blog post, I had to at least share a few sneak peeks. Madi and Zac were two of the most relaxed and sweet people I’ve had the pleasure of joining as their Asheville wedding photographer.
There were a few moments that Zac was so moved, just by the sight of Madi, that it almost brought me to tears. An especially sweet moment, when I realized how in love they were, was while we were waiting for Madi to join us before the first look. I asked Zac to tell me about how they first met, and how he knew she was the one… His response was so tender, so secure, and absolutely filled with joy. I know they’re going to stand the test of time!
I photographed every aspect of their wedding right there at the Ridge: their getting ready photos (since the Ridge offers both a his and her suite for the day), their first-look, and their reception too! It was really everything you could hope for. They even offered golf cart service for their photos together after the ceremony, a full bar, and complimentary apple cider and apple chips (both hand made on site by the owner, Marta Santamaria).
THE RIDGE ASHEVILLE WEDDING VENUE IN NORTH CAROLINA IS EASILY ONE OF MY FAVORITES.
And here is why!
- The Location is ideal. Its close to the city of Asheville, but not so close that you feel like you’re in the middle of it all. You feel like you’re completely secluded in nature?
- Apples! They grow apples on site and use them to make fresh apple cider and DELICIOUS apple chips. Seriously, that’s just icing on the cake.
- Autumn is my favorite season, and as you’ll see in these photos below, The Ridge Asheville wedding venue is perfect for offering gorgeous views year round.
- I might sound like a hippie, but you can’t beat fresh mountain air! It feels brisk and super clean. You want the energy of your wedding day to stay clear? Breathe deep.
- Asthetic. The venue boasts European flair, and I must admit, the French Chateau fits really nicely with the mountain-side setting.
- The owner, Marta, and her coordination team, catering team, etc. are all extremely accommodating. They put on quite an event for you and your guests to enjoy!
Theres still so much more I could say about The Ridge! If you have any questions or want to know more, I’m happy to chat with you about this beautiful wedding venue and offer my personal insight.
Keep scrolling to see Madi and Zac’s photos at The Ridge Asheville!
Some vendors who made this gorgeous day happen at The Ridge Asheville:
- Photographed alongside Mackensey Alexander (WEBSITE)
- Wedding venue: The Ridge Asheville (WEBSITE)
- Suit: The Black Tux (WEBSITE)
Thanks for looking around and thanks for being here! And since you’re here, you might also love to see these other gorgeous weddings & engagement sessions from around North Carolina & Georgia:
- The Foundry at Puritan Mill
- The Historic Swan House Gardens
- The Cotton Gin at Mill Creek
- The Venue at Daisy Hill