When you’re looking for that gorgeous southern wedding venue with the iconic Spanish moss, look no further than having a Musgrove wedding. It gives you all the privacy you could ever want amongst the 600-acre oak forest, and every twist and turn makes for the most beautiful wedding photos you’ve ever seen.
I honestly believe it’s one of the most beautiful wedding venues in Georgia
With so many different areas to host your wedding on the property, no matter what you are envisioning for your grand wedding day, you can live out that dream here. So whether you want to get married amongst the trees or along the waterfront, you can get exactly what you want. Here are just a few of the available gorgeous spots on the property:
- Oaks Bluff: A gorgeous waterfront spot surrounded by large oak trees
- Riverbend Court: Situated along the beautiful marsh and slow-moving river, this 300-capacity reception site is what you’re going to fall in love with
- Maze Garden: An incredibly well-landscaped maze garden that screams luxury & decadence
- Magnolia Lawn: When having a larger wedding, consider this reception site to fit up to 400 of your closest friends and family.
- The Boat House: Traditionally where most grooms get ready for the big day, this location can also be used for intimate weddings of under 75 guests.
- The Pool House: For intimate Musgrove events up to 50 guests. Perfect for an intimate wedding or elopement during the unique Covid-19 time period.
- The Grove House: Traditionally used for where most Musgrove brides get ready for the big day! This quaint and charming location can also be used for intimate events under 50 guests.
- Village Creek Bank: For intimate events who are looking for more of the rustic aesthetic.
The rich history at Musgrove is astounding
And similarly to the Middleton Place wedding venue in Charleston, SC, the Musgrove wedding venue is incredibly rich in history. For example, the venue was named after its founder, Mary Musgrove, a pioneer who was always doing her best to connect colonial and Native American communities. And since then, US presidents have used the property to hold important meetings as well as many other political groups.
Here are the incredible vendors for this Musgrove Retreat wedding near Savannah!
- Savannah Wedding Photographer: J.J. Au’Clair
- Planning and Design: G&A Weddings (WEBSITE)
- Venue: Musgrove Retreat (WEBSITE)
- Florist: Larger than Life Events (WEBSITE)
- Rentals: Event Works (WEBSITE)
- Table Top Decor: The Prissy Plate (WEBSITE)
- Cake: Cake Envy (WEBSITE)
- Hair and Makeup: Amy Marie Artistry (WEBSITE)
- Paper Goods: In Loft Calligraphy (WEBSITE)
- Shoes: Bella Belle (WEBSITE)
- Bridal and Bridesmaids Dress: Elite Pour La Vie (WEBSITE)
- Accessories: Mood and Muse Boutique (WEBSITE)
- Tuxedo: Knot Standard (WEBSITE)
- Models: Charisse (INSTAGRAM), Amy Holcomb (INSTAGRAM), & Jordan (INSTAGRAM).
While you’re here, I want to take a minute and share something more personal with you. 100% of the time, my goal as your Savannah wedding photographer is to liberate and free you. As in, I want to show your value and empower you from within. So you and your partner can be completely comfortable to be yourselves and have a fun time on your wedding day! Because that is actually what weddings are all about. So, I want you to know I’m here for you, during every step on this adventure of love.
As always, please contact me if you have any questions about this post, or regarding planning your Savannah wedding! I’ve got years of experience in the industry, and lots of friends in the industry to help us along the way. If you’re ready to book your wedding photographer and start the adventure of a lifetime, drop me a line HERE and let’s become friends!
And since you’re checking out the gorgeous Musgrove wedding venue in Georgia, you might also love to check out these other helpful articles around my site:
- If you’re wanting a winery wedding in North GA, the Montaluce Winery may be perfect for you!
- Rayven and Jordan’s gorgeous Savannah wedding at the Charles Morris Center
- For more inspiration, check out my wedding photography galleries.
- If you need a wedding photographer in Atlanta GA, I’m your girl! Click to learn more.